I finished a mitered square knit blanket today!
If you read my knitting post from earlier in the week, you’ll know that I rarely take on large knitting projects, and that when I do, they take me forever for me to finish.
According to this blanket’s entry on Ravelry.com, I started this particular knitting project in September 2007. That’s quite a long time ago, indeed.
This blanket is made up of 9 squares, each comprised of 4 smaller mitered squares. I had finished all of the knitting by February 2008, and started the sewing together of the squares right away, but quit within a month or so. Only 4 squares were put together. And so it sat, for 54 long months, in a bag tucked away in various storage units.
I found it a couple of months ago, when we moved into the new apartment, and left it sitting on my desk so that I would remember to finish it.
Three days ago, deep in the mire of NaNoWriMo, I carried it out to my chair in the living room and set to work sewing it together. Today, it is finished!
I may go back and add a border at some point, but for now it is a functional blanket and quite beautiful, I think. Addah is quite taken with it and has been wearing it as a superhero cape for most of the afternoon.
Only took 5 years and 2 months!
|At some point I will embroider our initials into the black square…|