|Today I’m linking up with Elaine (Miss Elaine-ous) for some old school blogging. This month’s topics are marriage, babies and bliss! Join in (please!) and link up so we can all read and laugh and smile at your answers!|
1. How did your husband pop the big question?
David proposed to me in the middle of a busy intersection, during a street fair. He bought a ring that I had admired at one of the vendors and got down on one knee to ask for my hand in marriage… very fairy tale romantic!
2. What are the three most surprising things about married life?
1. How completely and utterly irritating it can be to have beard hair all over the bathroom sink, every day!
2. How I adore this man more every day, in spite of the irritating beard hair all over the bathroom sink (every day!).
3. How much I enjoy having him there to hold me, on those days and nights when I used to think that I didn’t want to be around anybody, at all, ever again.
3. How did you find out you were pregnant for the first time?
I found out I was pregnant with my oldest after I had been sick for a couple of weeks with a nasty flu-like bug that wouldn’t go away. I ended up in the hospital, at my husband’s insistence, where I was found to be slightly dehydrated and 6 weeks pregnant. We’d been trying to get pregnant for 13 months, but we’d had a rough patch and hadn’t done much “trying”, so it was the one month in 13 that I hadn’t paid attention to my cycle or taken a pregnancy test.
4. How did you choose your first baby’s name?
My oldest daughter’s name is comprised of my middle name and her father’s middle name.
5. Describe where you see yourself in 10 years from now…
In 10 years, I will be married for 13 years to the love of my life, who I will have known for 30 years. It’s hard to imagine what I’ll be doing by then… a lot of that depends on whether we are able to have Baby #4. In any case, I will have two children out of the house by then, and I like to imagine that we’ll travel as much as possible, and live in a nice little house outside of this busy city, with a garden full of vegetables.
6. Describe how you find bliss, either with words or images.
I find bliss in the little things – the way the sun catches in my daughters’ hair, the spring breeze and scent of honeysuckle wafting through my open windows, the sound of my husband’s voice when he says “always and forever, I love you” every night before we go to sleep.
7. Name those you are tagging for #OSB: