|Today I’m linking up with Elaine (Miss Elaine-ous) for some old school blogging. This month’s topic is “five things about me”. Join in (please!) and link up so we can read all about you!|
Five Things About Me…
Five Things I Have a Passion For
- My family – I am completely in love with my husband and children. They pull the majority of my focus, and that’s the way I like it. I really enjoy doing special things for them and showing them how much I love them.
- Writing – I have been writing about my thoughts and emotions since I was very young, and I don’t plan to ever stop. It’s the most effective way I’ve found to work through the things that vex me the most.
- Knitting – I love to knit and almost always have a portable knitting project with me when I leave the house.
- Photography – I’m not particularly accomplished at this passion, but I do enjoy it. I’m passionate about organizing and storing my photographs, printing them to hang in frames around the house, and capturing all of the little moments that make up our lives.
- Pinterest – Yes, I will admit it. I love pinning new content and organizing my boards and cataloging all of the fascinating things that the Internet has to offer. If you haven’t visited my Pinterest boards lately, please do!
Five Things I Would Like to do Before I Die
- Get in excellent shape – It’s a fantasy of mine.
- Watch my girls become women – It’s not about having grandchildren. I just want to see the women that my beautiful daughters will become. I wonder what careers they will have, what they will do with their lives, and I hope that I can see at least some of their adult lives unfold before I die.
- Write a book – This is a long-standing dream that I hope to achieve before too much more time has passed.
- Move to Charleston, SC – I love Charleston. Always have, always will. I’ve wanted to live there for as long as I can remember. One day…
- Get a half sleeve tattoo on my left shoulder and upper arm – I have a lot of unsightly scars from my past on that arm. It’s taken me years to be comfortable wearing sleeveless shirts, and I have gotten quite good at ignoring curious stares, but I’d love to cover it all up with a gorgeous bright-colored tattoo that incorporates all of my family’s birth flowers.
Five Things I Say A Lot
- If you don’t want her to touch you, move to the other end of the couch!
- If you don’t want your things to get lost, put them where they go!
- I don’t even want to know.
- I love you.
Five Books and/or Magazines I Have Read Lately
- Amazonia by James Rollins
- Interweave Knits
- Needful Things by Stephen King
Normally I read a lot, but I can barely find time to write these days… so I have only 3 on this list.
Five Favorite Movies
- The Great Escape
- The Usual Suspects
- The Prestige
- What Dreams May Come
- The Story of Us
Five Places I Would Love to Travel
- Europe – I dream of traveling around Europe one day. I’d love to take my children on a European adventure, but I can’t imagine that I’ll actually be able to afford a trip like that before they’re adults. It’s a wonderful thought, though.
- The West Coast (again) – I took the girls on a cross-country trip from south Georgia to San Diego, California in May 2005. It was so much fun, but the girls were too young to remember it. I’d like to repeat the experience now!
- Hawaii – My little brother and sister-in-law live in Hawaii and I’d love to visit them!
- New York City – I’ve never been and always wanted to visit.
- Jamaica – A trip for two to a Sandals resort would be divine! Unlikely, but divine!
Five People I Invite to do this Meme
The following two tabs change content below.
I'm Heather, a married mama of two teen girls, a stillborn baby girl (7/1/12), and a sweet and wild preschool girl (4/2/14). I've been blogging at The Destiny Manifest since 2001. I like to write about appreciating all of the beautiful little things that surround us, particularly in the face of grief, infant loss and mental health issues. Every day is an adventure!