It’s August… time for some more Old School Blogging! Elaine (Miss Elaine-ous) and Katie (Sluiter Nation) want to see what’s on your fridge (or in your fridge, for that matter). I’m not going to show you the inside, because it’s the day before payday and the fridge is pitifully empty, but I will show you the outside. We have a lot of magnets… in fact, we have more than what is currently on the fridge, which leads me to think that my daughters may have spirited some away to their bedroom.
For instance, I know we had a complete Hello Kitty dress-up magnet set… and it’s not on the fridge now. My guess is that it’s either scattered on Addah’s closet floor or it’s in Lakin’s new backpack, waiting for a new home in her 7th grade locker.
1. A few years ago, my brother Zeb and I volunteered at a Maroon 5 & Counting Crows concert and sold these M5/CC stickers (intended to “reduce your carbon footprint”) to concert-goers in exchange for free tickets.
2. The Alabama magnet is one of our many state magnets. We collected these on our cross-country move from South Carolina to Texas. You can see the others in the bottom right corner of this picture.
3. A postcard of Amsterdam that my friend Kelly sent to us last year, right after Clara died.
4. My brother Zeb and sister Hilary at my (first) wedding. They were 10 and 12 in this picture, the same age that my girls are now. Weren’t they adorable?
5. These are magnet sets that Lakin and Addah received for Christmas from David’s dad and stepmom.
6. An “I love you” note that I wrote David many moons ago.
7. Addah’s summer reading list… speaking of which, we need to hit the library!
7.5. I forgot to label it with a number, but up at the top, just above #8, is my Snape magnet, made from Shrinky Dink paper.
8. A Red Ribbon Week ribbon that’s been on the fridge since October.
9 . One of David’s “Graphite Web” business cards, featuring “Brown Eyed Susan” the fairy.
10. Addah’s magnet from her field trip to Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC.
11. Me… from about 2000.
12. Lakin and Addah at my sister’s wedding. They were the cutest flower girls ever!
13. The elementary school supplies list.
14. David’s Uncle Ricky, who died in a car accident when he was 16 years old.
15. A magnet from Ripley’s Aquarium in Myrtle Beach, SC, where my brother Colin used to scuba dive with the manta rays.
16. Addah’s rainbow magnet, painted when she was in 2nd grade.
17. A drawing of David, by David.
18. A random picture of a cute cat that the girls like… his name is Jinx.
19. Lakin’s drawing of a girl in middle school.
20. An old Moss Feet Shoes pin from my old business.
21. David and I in August 2009, right after we became a couple. We just celebrated our 4th anniversary on August 8th!
22. A Fawkes the Phoenix magnet that I made with Shrinky Dink paper. (I used to have a lot of these, but they’ve disappeared in our various moves.)
23. A blank card with an awesome message: “laugh, live and love, in no particular order”.
24. A birthday card from my Mama.
25. Addah’s bulldog drawing.
26. Addah’s Thanksgiving turkey drawing.
27. A sweet card that my friend Melanie sent after Clara died.
28. The rest of the state magnets from our cross-country move… Louisiana, Texas, Georgia, Mississippi.